For Ithaca students away from campus
The following information is for students registered in Ithaca who have left campus at the end of the fall semester, or during Winter Break.
Are you a distance-learning student? See services for students registered outside Ithaca.
Ithaca students staying within New York State
If you travel to another location within New York State, you can still access the full range of our telehealth services while you’re away.
Telehealth services have no copay/charge for students who are enrolled in a Student Health Plan (SHP/SHP+) or those who pay the Student Health Fee.
Need a prescription refill while you're away from campus? Learn how to transfer a prescription from the Cornell Health pharmacy.
Ithaca students outside of New York State (in the U.S. or abroad)
Due to U.S. regulations that govern the licensure of health care providers, we are unable to provide diagnostic and clinical services to students outside of New York State.
This means that students who travel outside of the state are not eligible for Cornell Health's medical and mental health telehealth services until they return to New York.
- Students continue to be eligible for non-clinical support services; please see below for details.
- If you need to connect with a provider while you're outside of NY, learn how to find a provide in another state.
- If you need a prescription refill while you're away from campus, learn how to transfer a prescription from the Cornell Health pharmacy.
- If you need assistance, please call us during business hours at 607-255-5155.
Continued eligibility for Cornell Health support services:
While you are outside of NY State, you can continue to access the following non-clinical support services through Cornell Health:
- Let’s Talk drop-in consultation
- CAPS workshops
- 24/7 phone consultation for medical and mental health concerns
There is no copay/charge for support services available to students outside of New York State.
How to find a provider in another state:
Medical / mental health providers:
- If you are enrolled in SHP/SHP+ – find an Aetna participating provider in your area. As a SHP/SHP+ member, you also can receive medical and mental health care through Teladoc telehealth services.
- If you have private insurance – use your insurance company’s website, or contact the insurance company directly, to find a provider in your area that accepts your insurance. Some insurance companies cover services provided by Teladoc or other telehealth providers.
Transferring a prescription to another pharmacy:
- Learn how to transfer a prescription from the Cornell Health pharmacy. Please note that New York State pharmacies are legally permitted to transfer ONE prescription refill to another pharmacy (in or out of NY State).