Experiencing symptoms? Concerned about exposure?
Students who experience symptoms of COVID-19 can call Cornell Health for consultation: 607-255-5155 (24/7). A medical provider will help assess your symptoms and advise you on next steps, which may include diagnostic COVID-19 testing at Cornell Health (see below).
COVID exposure (no symptoms)
If you have had close contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, but you do not have any symptoms, please follow the Tompkins County Health Department's guidelines for masking and quarantine, and schedule a supplemental COVID test on day 5 after your exposure.
Diagnostic testing at Cornell Health
Cornell Health provides diagnostic testing for students who have symptoms consistent with COVID-19 or who meet other diagnostic criteria.
Students may also be tested for influenza, which is currently in circulation and can share similar symptoms with COVID.
How to be tested for cause at Cornell Health:
- Students should call us at 607-255-5155 during business hours to be pre-screened for testing (must meet diagnostic criteria).
- There is no cost for diagnostic testing at Cornell Health.
- Test results are typically are available within 24 hours. Students are expected to self-quarantine while they await their results.
Testing for Ithaca students in Geneva or NYC
If you are an Ithaca campus student located in Geneva or in New York City (e.g., AAP in NYC), and your Daily Check status turns red ....
- Call Cornell Health during business hours: 607-255-5155.
- If a Cornell Health clinician determines that you need a diagnostic COVID-19 test, they can order a test for you. You can access and print your order through myCornellHealth and bring it to a testing site of your choice.
- Be sure to have the testing provider send Cornell Health the test results, or you can upload the results to myCornellHealth.
Find a local testing site:
- How to find a COVID-19 vaccination site (CDC)
- Ontario County COVID-19 testing sites
- New York City COVID-19 testing sites
- Don't forget to bring Cornell Health clinician's order to the testing site, along with your your insurance card (testing sites may bill your insurance)
If you have questions that are not addressed above, we invite you to call us during business hours at 607-255-5155, or email firstname.lastname@example.org (please do not email personal health information).