In addition to providing numerous clinical mental health services, CAPS also provides non-clinical outreach and support to the Cornell community. Such efforts are referred to as CAPS Community-Based Services. The form of these services has changed with time, yet they have consistently prioritized outreach to students from marginalized communities, normalizing mental health challenges, and sharing the wide range of mental health support available across campus.
- Let's Talk drop-in service that offers informal, confidential consultation with a Cornell Health counselor.
- Community Liaison positions through which CAPS therapists serve as bridge builders with student communities on campus that face additional barriers and stigma about accessing mental health care.
- Community Consultation and Intervention (CCI) program designed to assist faculty and staff regarding students in distress
- Photos and bios for staff in Community-Based Services are available online.
- You may leave a message for any of these providers by calling 607-255-5155 during business hours. You may also email the Assistant Director for Community-Based Services at email@example.com.