Staff members in the Skorton Center for Health Initiatives collaborate with student organizations and other student leaders, as well as faculty and staff, to support the health and well-being of the Cornell campus community. If you’re interested in getting involved in health and wellness initiatives, consider joining one of the student organizations dedicated to health and well-being below:
Cornell topic-specific coalitions
Coalition on Mental Health
The Coalition on Mental Health serves as a forum for staff, faculty, and students to share information and engage in discussion related to emerging trends, research findings, and campus initiatives in support of mental health and well-being. Members of the Coalition examine student health priorities including the promotion of mental health, suicide prevention, alcohol and other drug abuse, and hazing. The Coalition will also address the intersection of these priority areas with sexual and interpersonal violence and bias.
A Cornell NetID is required to access the following PDF documents. Please contact us if you need this information in another format.
For more information, contact Catherine Thrasher-Carroll, Mental Health Promotion Program Director
Coalition on Sexual Violence Prevention
The Coalition on Sexual Violence Prevention serves as a forum for staff, faculty, students, and community partners to examine the campus environment, consider prevention strategies, policies, procedures, and services, and explore opportunities for fostering cultural change, reducing risks, and increasing support for members of the community affected by sexual violence.
- Cornell's Sexual Harassment and Assault: Response and Education (SHARE) website lists the membership and minutes of this Coalition.
- For more information, contact Nina Cummings, Sexual Violence Prevention Program Director, and Victim Advocate
Partnerships with other student collaborations
- Cayuga’s Watchers:
- Bystander intervention – at student events
- Community education on bystander intervention
- Cornell Minds Matter
- Community Education and Safety Presentations
- Student Assembly Health and Wellness Committee
- GPSA Health and Wellness Committee