Location: Schoellkopf Hall (521 Campus Road) – please enter from back of building
Hours: See our Hours page
Parking: See our Getting Here page
Phone: Call 607-255-7217
Fax: Send records to 607-254-2805
Appointments: See below
Cornell Physical Therapy offers services for Cornell community members in our fully equipped PT facility in Schoellkopf Hall. Read about our mission and vision.
Our licensed physical therapists specialize in treating:
- Neck and back pain
- Orthopedic and neuromuscular injuries and conditions
- Arthritic and repetitive-motion conditions
- Sports-related injuries
- Post-surgical conditions
Patients are led through rehabilitation programs using therapeutic exercise, exercises to improve posture, home exercise programs, and/or aquatic physical therapy (offered at Helen Newman Hall). PT staff often augment rehabilitation methods using heat, cold, ultrasound, electrical stimulation, and manual therapy.
Who we serve
Cornell students, student spouses / partners, faculty, and staff members may use our PT services. Retirees are not eligible for services at Cornell PT.
Note: Post-operation appointments must be scheduled by phone. [See our Appointments page for more information]
- Preparing for your PT appointment: Be sure to complete any required pre-appointment questionnaires before your appointment. Bring your health insurance card. If you have been referred to Cornell Physical Therapy by an outside provider, bring your referral or prescription to your appointment.
- What to wear: Please wear comfortable clothing that allows you to move and exercise. If being seen for back or lower extremity pain, bring or wear shorts. We also recommend that women being seen for neck, upper back, or shoulder pain wear or bring a tank or camisole top.
- Animal policy: Pets and most other animals are not allowed in Cornell Health or in other facilities on campus. Trained service dogs and service dogs in training are the only exception, and are welcome in all Cornell Health facilities. Please review our policy.
Fees and insurance
Physical therapy appointments have a $10 copay for those covered by Cornell's Student Health Plan (SHP) and those who pay the Student Health Fee. There is no copay for Student Health Plan Plus (SHP+) members.
Most fees for PT services are also covered by Cornell insurance plans for employees. Please check your plan for details.
Other (non-Cornell) insurance plans may also provide coverage for physical therapy services. If you have private insurance, you will be billed for the cost of service, and can pay for the charge at Cornell Health in person, by mail, or by phone (students may apply charges to their Bursar bill during the academic year). We will provide you with a receipt you may submit to your insurance company for possible reimbursement.
Cornell Massage Therapy – located in Schoellkopf Hall – is available to students, student spouses and partners, faculty, and staff members. Our licensed massage therapist specializes in popular massage techniques including Swedish, connective tissue, trigger point, and reflexology.
Appointments and fees
Call 607-255-7217 to schedule an appointment. Massage therapy appointments are not available every day, so plan ahead to schedule your massage at a time that works for you.
During the academic year, appointments are available on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. During the summer, appointments are available on Wednesdays or Fridays only.
Massage appointments are not covered by Cornell's student health plans or health fee. Costs for all clients are:
- 30-minute massage: $35.00
- 60-minute massage: $70.00
Fees for massage can be billed to you; charges can be paid at Cornell Health in person, by mail, or by phone. Students may also Bursar-bill charges during the academic year.
Massage gift certificates are available and can be purchased at a cashier desk at Cornell Health.