Cornell Health provides sensitive and confidential sexual health care – including medical services, counseling, and consultation – for all Cornell students.
Our multidisciplinary medical and mental health providers strive to deliver care that is respectful and responsive to students’ diverse needs, experiences, gender identities, sexual orientations, and values.
Cornell Health provides ...
- Preventive exams and health screenings (including Pap smears / cervical cancer screenings)
- Safer-sex information and pharmacy supplies
- Contraception (prescription and non-prescription birth control) and emergency contraception (visit our Pharmacy page)
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) prevention, testing, and treatment
- IUD and Nexplanon placement and removal
- Pregnancy testing, and pregnancy options referrals
- HIV prevention (including PrEP prescriptions and PEP/post-exposure prophylaxis), screening, and management/support
- Transgender services including gender-affirming hormone therapy
- Assistance to victims of sexual assault
- Colposcopy as a follow-up for abnormal Pap smear results
- Counseling and support for issues and concerns related to relationships, sexual / gender identity, intimacy, sexual functioning, and sexual trauma (visit our Mental Health Care page)
View our Sexual Health & Relationships page for more resources and information.
Sexual health information
Visit our Sexual Health & Relationships page for an overview of the most sought-after sexual health topics.
Visit our Fact Sheet Library and select "Sexual health & relationships" as the category to view patient education materials on sexual health, sexual pleasure, safer sex tips, STI prevention, birth control, and more.
How to get care
Visit our Appointments page for details.
Mental health care
Visit our Mental Health Care page to learn more about the counseling and support services we offer, including individual counseling and group counseling. You may also stop by a “Let’s Talk” site for a free, informal consultation with a Cornell Health counselor.
There is no cost for asymptomatic STI screenings and preventive visits, behavioral health consultation, and some counseling services.
Most other services are $10 / visit.
Learn more on our Cost for Service page.
Your care at Cornell Health is confidential. If you have questions about confidentially – related to billing, health records, or anything else – visit our Confidentiality & Patient Rights page.