About our nutrition services
Cornell Health's nutritionists provide nutrition counseling for students seeking information and guidance about their dietary needs and practices, and students who need (or want) to adhere to a special diet.
Registered Dietitian Nutritionists can support you in your efforts to:
- Evaluate and understand your dietary and nutritional needs
- Develop nutritional strategies to your support health, fitness, or athletic goals
- Better understand the connection between fueling, metabolism, and physical and mental health
- Navigate barriers to healthy eating such as managing time, stress and anxiety, complicated food environments (dining halls, learning to cook for oneself), and competitive and recreational sport training and competition
- Eat well while following a special diet (related to a medical condition, or to a personal choice such as vegetarianism, etc.)
- Cultivate a positive body image
To learn more about healthful eating, visit our Nutrition page.
Appointments with members of our Nutrition team can be made in one of two ways:
- Log in to myCornellHealth using your NetID and password, and click "Appointments"
- Or call Cornell Health during business hours at 607-255-5155
Fall 2023 nutrition workshops
Our nutrition workshops are FREE and open to all undergraduate, graduate, and professional students.
Meal Planning Made Easy!
Join Cornell Health Dietitians for this in-person workshop! Come learn simple strategies for generating meal ideas that are balanced and tailored to your unique preferences and living situation. As we work collaboratively during this workshop, you will learn how to plan for meals whether you live in the dorm, are new to cooking, or are a gourmet cook! You will leave the workshop with meal and snack ideas, a grocery list, and new tips and tricks. Please register in advance; registration is capped.
Held in person on the following dates:
- Thursday, September 21, 3:00-4:00 pm at Cornell Health, 1st-floor Tang Conference Room 127 D (Registration capped at 15)
- Wednesday, October 25, 3:00-4:00 pm at Cornell Health, 1st-floor Tang Conference Room 127 C (Registration capped at 20; workshop is now FULL)
- Wednesday, November 15, 3:00-4:00 pm at Cornell Health, 1st-floor Tang Conference Room 127 A (Registration capped at 20; register here)
Support for disordered eating concerns
Our “Collaborative Health and Eating Program” (CHEP) (formerly called "Cornell Healthy Eating Program) is a coordinated, multidisciplinary team of Cornell Health providers made up of nutrition, medical, nursing, psychiatry, and counseling providers who work together to support students struggling with disordered eating and related concerns.
If you're struggling with disordered eating or an eating disorder – or if your feelings and behaviors related to body image and eating begin to impede your ability to participate in and enjoy life – it’s important to seek help.