2020-2021 services for distance-learning students
Students who are enrolled on Cornell’s Ithaca campus – but who are engaged in distance learning outside of Ithaca during the COVID-19 pandemic – may access select services and consultation, depending on your location. Visit our Services for Students Outside Ithaca webpage for complete details.
Phone consultation for off-campus students (24/7)
All Cornell students studying outside of Ithaca can call Cornell Health 24/7 to consult about a medical or mental health concern.
- To consult with a medical provider: Call 607-255-5155 and press 1
During business hours, your call will be answered by our front-desk staff who can connect you with one of our nurses. When we’re closed, you will be connected with a medical provider from our on-call service who can provide consultation.
- Consult with a mental health provider: Call 607-255-5155 and press 2
You can speak with a licensed therapist from our on-call service any time, day or night. These mental health professionals are experienced in providing support for common concerns experienced by college students, and can make referrals to other resources, when appropriate.
On-campus care for visiting students
Cornell students who are registered for programs outside of Ithaca – but are in Ithaca for an orientation program, or just a visit – may come to see us for in-person care, should you need it.
All Cornell students may use our services, including:
- Registered undergraduate, graduate, and professional students – no matter where you will be studying
- Continuing Education students taking summer courses, or taking 12+ credits during the academic year
- High school students participating in Cornell’s Summer College program
- If you are not enrolled in a Cornell student health plan (SHP or SHP+), please refer to our Insurance & Billing page for information about which insurance plans we accept.
- During the summer, students who are not enrolled in the Summer Session but plan to enroll for fall semester may receive medical care on a fee-for-service basis. They are not eligible for counseling services.
- Students on leave from the university are not eligible to use our medical and counseling services, but may use pharmacy, physical therapy, and travel clinic services.
Especially for Cornell AgriTech students in Geneva, NY
Healthcare at Cornell Health
As a registered student, you are eligible for Cornell Health's full range of medical and mental health services when you’re on Cornell’s Ithaca campus.
- Cost: If you're enrolled in Cornell’s Student Health Plan (SHP), you will have a $10 copay for nearly all services. Review our Cost for Service page for details. If you have private insurance, review Insurance & Billing for information about costs and coverage.
- Transportation and parking: The inter-campus shuttle provides regular transportation between Geneva and Ithaca. Should you choose to drive, please note that patient parking is limited, so you should leave extra time in case you need to find other parking on campus.
Healthcare in the Geneva area
- Finding a medical / mental health provider that participates with your insurance:
Most Cornell AgriTech students are enrolled in Cornell’s Student Health Plan (SHP). SHP members will get the best coverage by seeing an Aetna "participating provider" (i.e., "in-network provider") for medical or mental health care – in Geneva, or anywhere in the United States. Refer to the Find SHP Participating Providers page on the Student Health Benefits website for instructions and copay information.
If you have private insurance, consult your plan information for instructions on finding providers that accept your insurance. If you need assistance, the Student Health Benefits team can help.
- Urgent care: If you need immediate care, visit WellNow Urgent Care (1 White Springs Road, Geneva; 315-230-4074) or another urgent care center.
- Emergency care: In a medical or mental health emergency, call 911, or go to the Geneva General Hospital (196 North Street, Geneva; 315-787-4000).
- 24/7 mental health support: You can speak with a licensed therapist from Cornell's on-call service any time, day or night, by calling 607-255-5155 (#2). We also recommend these free hotlines and text services.
Especially for Cornell Tech students
Refer to Cornell Tech's Student Services website for information about medical and mental health care on Roosevelt Island and in Manhattan.
Cornell Tech students who are enrolled in Cornell’s Student Health Plan (SHP) can refer to the Find SHP Participating Providers page on the Student Health Benefits website to find local providers that participate with your insurance. There is information specifically for Cornell Tech plan members at the bottom of that page.