Cornell Health does not provide off-campus services for Cornell students.
However, students who are studying outside of Ithaca – Geneva, Cornell Tech, Cornell in Washington, study abroad programs, etc. – may use our services when visiting the Ithaca campus. Please see details and restrictions below.
Additionally, off-campus students may call us at 607-255-5155 to consult with a health care provider about a medical or mental health concern (24/7 for emergencies and urgent concerns). We can help you determine what care you need, and how and when to get it.
On-campus care for visiting Cornell students
If you’re on Ithaca’s campus – for an orientation program, or just a visit – please come to see us for in-person care, should you need it.
All Cornell students may use our services, including:
- Registered undergraduate, graduate, and professional students – no matter where you will be studying
- Continuing Education students taking summer courses, or taking 12+ credits during the academic year
- High school students participating in Cornell’s Summer College program
- If you are not enrolled in a Cornell student health plan (SHP or SHP+), please refer to our Insurance & Billing page for information about which insurance plans we accept.
- During the summer, students who are not enrolled in the Summer Session but plan to enroll for fall semester may receive medical care on a fee-for-service basis. They are not eligible for counseling services.
- Students on leave from the university are not eligible to use our medical and counseling services, but may use pharmacy, physical therapy, and travel clinic services.
Graduate students in Geneva
As a registered student, you are eligible for Cornell Health’s full range of services when you’re on Cornell’s Ithaca campus.
Health care at Cornell Health
Many NYSAES students who are enrolled in Cornell’s Student Health Plan (SHP) choose to get the majority of their health care needs met at Cornell Health [see Cost for Service]. Students with private insurance may also use our services, and should refer to our Insurance & Billing page for information about costs and coverage.
Transportation between Geneva and Ithaca may be possible via the use of the intercampus shuttle. Please note that patient parking is limited, so you should leave extra time in case you need to find other parking on campus. Visit an information booth when you get to campus (staffed Monday - Friday, 7:30 am - 5:00 pm), and they can direct you to appropriate parking and assist you with any permits that might be required.
Health care in the Geneva area
If you are enrolled in Cornell’s Student Health Plan (SHP), you may use Aetna’s DocFind service to find participating medical and mental health providers in the Geneva area (and anywhere in the country). SHP provides more limited coverage if you choose to see someone "out of network." Make sure you understand your coverage when making health care choices. The Student Health Benefits staff are happy to talk with you about any questions or concerns you might have.