Phone consultation for urgent concerns (24/7)
If you have an urgent physical or mental health concern – for yourself or for someone else – you can call us 24/7 at 607-255-5155. We'll help you determine what care is needed, and how, when, and where to get it.
- During business hours – Press 1 for urgent medical concerns, or 2 for mental health concerns [see our hours]
- When we're closed – Your call will be answered by our on-call service, staffed by medical and mental health professionals who are equipped to provide consultation and make referrals to other Cornell and Ithaca resources
Need care when we’re closed?
You can consult with an on-call provider for assistance (see above). If you need immediate care, consider these options in Ithaca:
- Cayuga Medical Center (CMC)
Ithaca hospital & emergency department
101 Dates Drive, Ithaca – on Rt. 96 on the west side of Cayuga Lake
- Urgent Care at Ithaca (formerly called Convenient Care)
CMC’s (non-emergency) urgent care clinic
10 Arrowwood Drive, Ithaca – off of Warren Road, 2 miles north of Cornell
Open every day, 7:00 am – 10:00 pm
- WellNow Urgent Care (formerly called Five Star)
Urgent care walk-in clinic
740 South Meadow Street, Ithaca – on Rt. 13, south of Wegmans
Open every day, 8:00 am – 8:00 pm
Additional mental health support
- EARS Peer Counseling for Cornell students
- Ithaca's 24/7 Crisisline (suicide prevention & crisis service)
- National Crisis Text Line (24/7): Text HELLO to 741741 any time to connect with a trained crisis counselor
- National Lifeline Crisis Chat service (24/7)
Ambulance: In a physical or mental health emergency, call 911 for ambulance transportation to the hospital. (If you are enrolled in a Cornell student health plan (SHP or SHP+), ambulance transports are covered at no cost. If you have other insurance, there may be a $100 or more charge.)
Bus: Refer to the TCAT website for bus schedules and details.
Taxi: Ithaca taxi companies accept credit cards.