- During business hours – press 1 for urgent medical concerns, or 2 for mental health concerns
- When we're closed – your call will be answered by our after-hours answering service, which will facilitate a connection with our on-call health care provider (as soon as possible, within 30 minutes). [see 24/7 Phone Consultation]
Having trouble reaching us after hours? We occasionally experience difficulty with our answering service. If the number above does not connect you with a person, please call the Cornell Police at 607-255-1111. The dispatcher will contact the on-call provider directly.
Need care when we’re closed?
You can call us 24/7 to consult by phone with our on-call health care provider: 607-255-5155. We can help you determine what care you need, suggest self-care strategies, or advise you about getting urgent care in Ithaca.
If you need immediate health care, consider these options:
- Cayuga Medical Center (CMC)
Ithaca hospital & emergency department
101 Dates Drive, Ithaca – on Rt. 79 on the west side of Cayuga Lake
- Convenient Care at Ithaca
CMC’s (non-emergency) urgent care clinic
10 Arrowwood Drive – off of Warren Road, 2 miles north of Cornell
- Five Star Urgent Care
Urgent care walk-in clinic
740 South Meadow Street – on Rt. 13, south of Wegman’s
Ambulance: In a physical or mental health emergency, call 911 for ambulance transportation to the hospital. (If you are enrolled in Cornell’s Student Health Plan (SHP), medically-necessary ambulance transports are covered at no cost. If you have private insurance, there may be a charge.)
Taxi: Call Ithaca’s taxi dispatch at 607-277-7777 or 607-588-8888. You can Bursar-bill your ride by showing your Cornell ID card to the driver, and saying “please charge to Cornell Health.” When we receive the charge, we’ll have it applied to your Bursar bill.
Bus: Refer to the TCAT website for bus schedules and details.
- Cayuga Medical Center (CMC) is served by Route 14 (travels between downtown and the hospital) and Route 21 (travels between Cornell and the hospital)
- Convenient Care at Ithaca is served by Route 31 and Route 32 (both travel between Cornell and Convenient Care)
- Five Star Urgent Care is served by Route 15 (travels between downtown and Five Star) and Route 67 (limited service between Cornell and Five Star)