Phone consultation for urgent concerns (24/7)
If you have an urgent physical or mental health concern – for yourself or for someone else – you can call us 24/7 at 607-255-5155. We'll help you determine what care is needed, and how, when, and where to get it.
- During business hours – Press 1 for urgent medical concerns, or 2 for mental health concerns.
- When we're closed – Your call will be answered by a representative from our answering service, who will connect you with our on-call health care provider within 30 minutes.
Having trouble reaching us after hours? We occasionally experience difficulty with our answering service. If the number above does not connect you with a person, please call the Cornell Police at 607-255-1111. The dispatcher will contact the on-call provider directly.
Need care when we’re closed?
You can consult with us for assistance (see above). If you need immediate care, consider these options:
- Cayuga Medical Center (CMC)
Ithaca hospital & emergency department
101 Dates Drive, Ithaca – on Rt. 79 on the west side of Cayuga Lake
- Convenient Care at Ithaca
CMC’s (non-emergency) urgent care clinic
10 Arrowwood Drive – off of Warren Road, 2 miles north of Cornell
- Five Star Urgent Care
Urgent care walk-in clinic
740 South Meadow Street – on Rt. 13, south of Wegman’s
Ambulance: In a physical or mental health emergency, call 911 for ambulance transportation to the hospital. (If you are enrolled in Cornell’s Student Health Plan (SHP), medically-necessary ambulance transports are covered at no cost. If you have private insurance, there may be a charge.)
Taxi: Students can Bursar-bill taxi rides to or from any medical or mental health care provider when using Ithaca Dispatch (607-277-7777) or Collegetown Cab (607-588-8888). Just show your Cornell ID card to the driver, and say “please charge to Cornell Health.” When we receive the charge, we’ll have it applied to your Bursar bill.
Taxi rides typically cost less than $20 for a one-way trip from a campus location to the hospital (Cayuga Medical Center), Convenient Care, or Five Star Urgent Care.
Bus: Refer to the TCAT website for bus schedules and details.
- Cayuga Medical Center (CMC) is served by Route 14 (travels between downtown and the hospital) and Route 21 (travels between Cornell and the hospital)
- Convenient Care at Ithaca is served by Route 31 and Route 32 (both travel between Cornell and Convenient Care)
- Five Star Urgent Care is served by Route 15 (travels between downtown and Five Star) and Route 67 (limited service between Cornell and Five Star)