Services for faculty & staff during the COVID-19 pandemic
To protect your health & safety, employee access to Cornell Health services is limited during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Only faculty and staff who have been cleared to be on the Ithaca campus may participate in any in-person services provided by Physical Therapy and Occupational Medicine, or pick up supplies from the pharmacy at Cornell Health.
- Telehealth services (at PT, Occ Med, and FSAP) are available to employees in NY State, regardless of whether or not they have been cleared to be on campus.
Cornell Health primarily serves students, and does not provide primary care medical services or mental health care for Cornell employees.
However, select services are available to faculty, staff, and post-docs. Please see below for details.
If you incur an injury or illness on campus, we can also provide first aid/stabilizing care, consultation, and referrals to local urgent care providers. Please call us at 607-255-5155 for consultation.
Cornell Health services for faculty, staff, and post-docs include:
- Pharmacy services (prescriptions and self-care items)
- Physical therapy and massage therapy
- Annual flu vaccination (no charge)
- Travel services
- Lab testing and X-ray services
- Occupational medicine (OSHA compliance and research support only; no workers compensation services)
- Counseling and support through the Faculty & Staff Assistance Program (FSAP) (see more below)
- and support for helping students in distress (see more below)
Please visit our Appointments page to learn about getting care.
Insurance & cost for care
Cornell Health accepts all Cornell employee health plans, among several other insurance plans. Please see our Insurance & Billing page for more information.
Faculty and Staff Assistance Program (FSAP)
Cornell Health’s Faculty and Staff Assistance Program (FSAP) offers free, confidential, professional counseling and consultation services by telephone or in person (telehealth services offered during the COVID-19 pandemic). FSAP counselors can help with any personal or work-related problem that is affecting your sense of well-being, your daily life, or job performance. Learn more by visiting the FSAP website.
Collaboration and help supporting students
Helping students in distress
If you’re concerned about a student, we can help. Our counselors and Community Consultation & Intervention (CCI) team members are available to assist faculty and staff members regarding students in distress. Visit our Resources for Faculty & Staff page for more details.
You may also refer to our Programming for Faculty & Staff page for information about our “Notice & Respond” trainings.
Each year we collaborate with members of the Cornell faculty to enhance the student learning experience and integrate student health concerns into existing curricula. Cornell Health staff members have served as resources for class projects, guest lectures, and research partnerships. Faculty members have also rewarded students with “extra credit” for participation in Cornell Health focus groups, surveys, and outreach projects.
If you have an idea, or would like to consult with us about curriculum infusion or other collaborative projects, please contact our Skorton Center for Health Initiatives.
Health Leaves of Absence
Cornell students may apply for a voluntary leave of absence (a separation of the student from the university) for health reasons. Health Leaves of Absence are managed through Cornell Heath. Learn more on our Health Leave of Absence page.