Our skills-based workshops are ...
- Led by Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS) counselors and psychologists
- Open to undergraduate, graduate, and professional students
- Offered on a drop-in basis; no sign-up necessary
"Final Stretch" end-of-semester workshops
Breathing Through Finals
Led by Maurice Haltom, LCSWR, Cornell Health counselor
- Monday, Dec. 2, 4:30-5:30 pm | Cancelled due to university closure
- Monday, Dec. 9, 4:30-5:30 pm | Cornell Health, Rm 621
Learn and practice breathing strategies to decrease anxiety, manage stress, and improve concentration to carry you through the final stretch of the semester.
Fall Semester: Finishing Strong
- "Stress Management" – Tuesday, Dec. 3, 5:00-6:00 pm | Cornell Health, Rm. 127D
- "Test Anxiety" – Tuesday, Dec. 10, 5:00-6:00 | Cornell Health, Rm. 127D
A two-session skills and discussion-based experience exploring evidence-based stress and anxiety management techniques. Come to one, or both.
Strategies to Calm the *Bleep* Down!
Led by Jennie Bernstein, PhD, Cornell Health counselor
- Wednesday, Dec. 4, 4:00-5:00 pm | Cornell Health, Rm. 127A
- Thursday, Dec. 12, 4:00-5:00 pm | Cornell Health, Rm. 501
Panicking while studying or during an exam? Difficulty falling asleep the night before a big test or presentation? Feeling just generally restless? Learn strategies to calm your body and mind including grounding exercises, progressive muscle relaxation, and more.
"Mindfulness Revolution" Workshop Series
Led by Joy Mushabac, LCSW-R, Cornell Health counselor
- Tuesdays, 3:30–4:45 pm | Cornell Health, Rm. 127D
This mindfulness strategies group is a four-session educational and practice group designed to help students learn mindfulness strategies to better manage stress, anxiety, and depression in order to lead healthier, happier lives. The sessions will be a fun mix of psycho-education and practice provided in a safe and supportive environment where you can try new things. Each participant will be encouraged to try all the activities to find what works best for them. In this way participants will leave with a set of individualized mindfulness skills which they can apply to their daily lives.