Let’s Meditate is a free, guided, mindfulness meditation series sponsored by Cornell Health, in collaboration with numerous campus partners.
Meditation sessions are held daily Monday-Friday at various campus locations throughout the fall and spring semesters (and less frequently during University breaks). Check the schedule below for details.
- Everyone is welcome! Let’s Meditate is open to all members of the Cornell community, including students, faculty, and staff of all ages, genders, sizes, shapes, and abilities.
- Come as you are (but we suggest dressing comfortably).
- Participation is FREE. You are welcome to come to as many sessions as you wish.
What to expect
During each half-hour Let’s Meditate session, a trained facilitator will lead participants through meditation exercises designed to focus on the breath and quiet the mind. Participants typically sit quietly with their eyes closed throughout the session.
Meditation has been shown to reduce stress and foster increased well-being – mentally, physically, cognitively, and emotionally. Learn more about the many benefits of meditation.
Summer 2018 schedule
- 12:15–12:45 pm — Herbert F. Johnson Museum of Art
Mallin Sculpture Court, 2nd floor (outdoors)*
Please note: backpacks and water bottles must be left in the main entrance lobby. (The museum doesn't allow these items into the galleries and going to the sculpture court requires passing through galleries).
*Rain location: Lynch Conference room, 6th floor
beginning June 14 (last date August 2)
- 1:00–1:30 pm — Hollister Hall, Central Avenue
Room 167 (If you enter via Engineering Quad through the main entrance, follow the hallway to the left, and it is the last door on the left).
beginning May 31 (no meditation 6/21 or 6/28)