Let’s Meditate is a free, guided, mindfulness meditation series sponsored by Cornell Health, in collaboration with numerous campus partners.
Meditation sessions are held daily Monday-Friday at various campus locations throughout the fall and spring semesters (and less frequently during University breaks). Check the schedule below for details.
- Everyone is welcome! Let’s Meditate is open to all members of the Cornell community, including students, faculty, and staff of all ages, genders, sizes, shapes, and abilities.
- Come as you are (but we suggest dressing comfortably).
- Participation is FREE. You are welcome to come to as many sessions as you wish.
What to expect
During each half-hour Let’s Meditate session, a trained facilitator will lead participants through meditation exercises designed to focus on the breath and quiet the mind. Participants typically sit quietly with their eyes closed throughout the session.
Meditation has been shown to reduce stress and foster increased well-being – mentally, physically, cognitively, and emotionally. Learn more about the many benefits of meditation.
Summer 2017 schedule
12:15–12:45 pm — East Hill Office Building
- Room 345
12:15–12:45 pm — Johnson Art Museum
- Meet in the Appel Lobby (main entrance of the Johnson Art Museum)
- Weather permitting, sessions will take place on the Mallin Sculpture Court underneath the Cosmos light installation.
- Bring your lunch if you'd like to eat in the Morgan Japanese Garden afterward.
- Available June 1–July 27.
Note: during the summer, the number of "Let's Meditate" sites is greatly reduced. We will add another 10 sites during the Fall and Spring semesters.