Let’s Meditate is a free, guided, mindfulness meditation series sponsored by Cornell Health, in collaboration with numerous campus partners.
Meditation sessions are held daily Monday-Friday at various campus locations throughout the fall and spring semesters (and less frequently during University breaks). Check the schedule below for details.
- Everyone is welcome! Let’s Meditate is open to all members of the Cornell community, including students, faculty, and staff of all ages, genders, sizes, shapes, and abilities.
- Come as you are (but we suggest dressing comfortably).
- Participation is FREE. You are welcome to come to as many sessions as you wish.
What to expect
During each half-hour Let’s Meditate session, a trained facilitator will lead participants through meditation exercises designed to focus on the breath and quiet the mind. Participants typically sit quietly with their eyes closed throughout the session.
Meditation has been shown to reduce stress and foster increased well-being – mentally, physically, cognitively, and emotionally. Learn more about the many benefits of meditation.
Fall 2018 schedule
- 12:45–1:15 pm — Mann Library
*no meditation: 11/5
- 4:00–4:30 pm — Big Red Barn
Big Red Barn
- 8:00–8:30 pm — Takton Center
Balch Hall, Room 3330
- 2:00–2:30 pm — Herbert F. Johnson Museum of Art
Main Sculpture Court, 2nd floor (outdoors)*
Please note: backpacks and water bottles must be left in the main entrance lobby. (The museum doesn't allow these items into the galleries and going to the sculpture court requires passing through galleries).
*Rain location: Lynch Conference room, 6th floor
(ending October 2nd)
- 4:30–5:00 pm — Ag Quad
Plant Science building, Room 404
- 5:00–5:30 pm — College of Veterinary Medicine
Schurman Hall, Hagan Room, S1-214
Please arrive early; key card access to the building is required after 5pm
- 8:00–8:30 pm — Becker House (on West)
Becker TV Lounge (across from the Dining Hall and next to the vending machines)
- 11:30–12:00 pm — Sibley Hall
W. Sibley Hall, Room B12
- 12:15–12:45 pm — East Hill Office Building
East Hill Office Building, Room 345
- 4:30–5:00 pm — Cornell Johnson School
Sage Hall, Room 131
- 8:15–8:45 am — Anabel Taylor Hall
- 12:15–12:45 pm — Cornell Health
Tang Conference Center, 127B
- 4:15–4:45 pm — Office of Academic Diversity Initiatives (OADI)
CCC building, Room 217
*no meditation: 10/11
- 8:45–9:15 pm — Hasbrouck
Hasbrouck Service Center, Big Room
- 12:30–1:00 pm — Seneca Place on the Commons (Hilton Garden Inn)
130 E. Seneca Place, Seneca Place Training Room (lower level of Hilton Garden Inn)*
*Note: If you aren't a Seneca Place employee with access keys, you'll need to take the hotel elevator to the lower level.
2nd and 4th Fridays of the month
- 2:00–2:30 pm — Human Ecology / Ag Quad
Academic Surge A, Room 124