Let’s Meditate is a free, guided, mindfulness meditation series sponsored by Cornell Health, in collaboration with numerous campus partners.
Meditation sessions are held daily Monday-Friday at various campus locations throughout the fall and spring semesters (and less frequently during University breaks). Check the schedule below for details.
- Everyone is welcome! Let’s Meditate is open to all members of the Cornell community, including students, faculty, and staff of all ages, genders, sizes, shapes, and abilities.
- Come as you are (but we suggest dressing comfortably).
- Participation is FREE. You are welcome to come to as many sessions as you wish.
What to expect
During each half-hour Let’s Meditate session, a trained facilitator will lead participants through meditation exercises designed to focus on the breath and quiet the mind. Participants typically sit quietly with their eyes closed throughout the session.
Meditation has been shown to reduce stress and foster increased well-being – mentally, physically, cognitively, and emotionally. Learn more about the many benefits of meditation.
Spring 2017 schedule
- 11:30–12:00 pm — Sibley Hall
East Sibley Hall, Room 261B
- 4:00–4:30 pm — Big Red Barn
Big Red Barn
- 4:15–4:45 pm — Mann Library
Mann Library, Room 100 (right off the lobby)
*no meditation 4/4
- 5:00–5:30 pm — College of Veterinary Medicine
Schurman Hall, Room S1017
(please arrive early; key card access to the building is required after 5pm)
- 9:00–9:30 pm —Carol Takton Center
Balch Hall, Room 3330
- 12:15–12:45 pm — Rockefeller Hall
Rockefeller Hall, Room 170
- 12:15–12:45 pm — East Hill Office Building (beginning April 5)
EHOB, Room 345
- 4:30–5:00 pm — Cornell Johnson School
Sage Hall, Room 134
*location change on 5/5: Ramin Parlor Room
- 12:10–12:40 pm — Willard Straight Hall
- 4:15–4:45 pm — Statler Hall
Statler Hall, Room 180 (the Diversity and Engagement Space)
- 8:30–9:00 pm — Carl Becker House
TV room (across from the dining hall)
- 8:45–9:15 pm — Hasbrouck
Hasbrouck Service Center, Big Room
- 2:00–2:30 pm — Human Ecology Career Exploration Center
162 Martha Van Rensselaer Hall