Travel Services at Cornell Health provides pre-travel consultation, immunizations, and health information for Cornell students and their spouses / partners.
Please note: We are no longer able to provide services faculty, staff, retirees, and members of the general public. Please see contact information for other central New York travel health clinics at the bottom of this page.
If you are traveling abroad ….
Start by visiting the CDC Traveler's Health website to learn about vaccination requirements for your destination.
Schedule a Travel Services appointment if you need immunizations for your travel destination, and/or if you want to consult with a travel nurse about caring for your health while abroad. Call 607-255-5155.
Please contact us to schedule an appointment AT LEAST 6 WEEKS prior to your departure. The Travel Services team can be busy, and appointments may not be available on short notice. Also, some immunizations require multiple doses spaced out over a number of weeks.
Travel Services appointments
During your initial Travel Services consultation, a trained travel nurse will:
- Assess your immunization and healthcare needs based on your travel itinerary and health history
- Help you schedule necessary immunizations (includes printed information and documentation)
- Provide prevention and treatment information for commonly encountered health problems where you will be visiting (i.e., food and water precautions, mosquito-borne illness, altitude sickness, sun protection, immunizations, and other relevant concerns)
- Suggest supplies (i.e., water purifiers) and medications to bring with you, many of which are stocked by the Cornell Health Pharmacy
- Provide a travel folder with detailed information about the countries you might visit: current health risks, disease maps, areas of political unrest, hospital lists, and embassy phone numbers
- Offer advice on what on what to do in a health emergency when language may be a problem
To schedule an appointment, please call us during business hours at 607-255-5155.
We provide a wide variety of vaccines that are required or recommended for travel to any location around the globe. Our staff can help determine which vaccinations are appropriate for your travel destination, and will provide printed information and documentation to support all immunizations. Some immunizations require multiple doses spaced out over a number of weeks, so please be sure to contact us to schedule an appointment at least six weeks prior to your departure.
Travel Services fees
Travel Services visits and most related immunizations are covered by Cornell's student health plans (SHP & SHP+). Those with non-SHP/SHP+ insurance coverage should check their plan for details. Learn more on our Insurance & Billing page.
Please ask about current fees when you call to schedule your appointment or during the appointment itself.
- We will be happy to help you prioritize your needs if your finances are limited.
- You may use a credit card, personal check, cash, or Bursar charge (students only) to pay for the visit at the time of service.
Health insurance requirements for students abroad
Students who are traveling abroad must be covered by an active health insurance policy that meets specific university requirements.
Cornell's student health plans (SHP & SHP+) meet these requirements. For those with other insurance: be sure to plan ahead to determine whether you need to obtain additional insurance coverage for when you’re out of the country. Learn more on the Student Health Benefits website.
Cornell's Travel Registry
Cornell provides a secure website for students, staff, and faculty to record travel plans and contact information. The Travel Registry is a convenient one-stop service for students, staff, and faculty that supports emergency communications and access to university emergency travel insurance. Be sure to register before you travel!
Travel advice for students with disabilities
If you are a student with a disability and you wish to go abroad, planning ahead is essential. Please review the helpful resources provided by Cornell's Student Disability Services.
Central New York travel health clinics
- Cayuga Medical Associates Travel Clinic (age 16 and over): 607-241-1118
- Guthrie Travel Clinic (age 18 and over): 570-887-3142
- Arnot Travel Medicine Clinic (age 17 and over): 607-737-4539
- Syracuse Passport Health: 315-373-0643
- Rochester Passport Health: 585-275-8884